0

NCIFPC advises fire safety this holiday season

The North Central Idaho Fire Prevention Cooperative advises residents in the region with these fire safety tips:

Chimneys: professionally inspect and clean before winter use, burn dry wood, keep combustibles away from wood stove or other heating device;

Space Heaters: Do not use extension cords, use newer auto shutoff and anti-tip models, do not leave space heaters unattended while sleeping or gone, keep space heaters away from combustibles;

Other Tips: install carbon monoxide and smoke alarms on every floor and in sleeping rooms, change your smoke alarm batteries when you change the clock.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment