On a recent hunt in the Riggins area, Tom Sommer, proprietor at Oscar’s Restaurant and Brodock’s Lounge, found a companion for the mounted bear that bears the restaurant’s name. He said this cougar, which he nabbed while hound hunting with a friend, might end up above the front door — overlooking the foyer where Oscar now resides. It’s on the way to the taxidermist.
More like this story
- Oscar’s, Brodock’s under new ownership: Duo steps in to save failing restaurant
- Oscar’s Restaurant makes changes for winter season; Main dining area closed; Brodock’s remains open
- IDFG clears up rules on leftover youth tags, disabled hunter companions
- COLUMN: The Bear Essentials
- Steven Thomas Woodley, 53 Riggins, Idaho