As of Tuesday, January 21, 2014
WHITE BIRD — Do you enjoy a walk in the park watching the season’s comings & goings? Nez Perce National Historical Park’s White Bird Battlefield Site is looking for regular walkers to help with a variety of things:
• Identify less than five plant and five bird species provided by park staff.
• Observe plants and animals on an every week or every-other week basis.
• Read detailed directions and identify “phenophases” – also known as distinct life stages – of a plant or bird species – the study of periodic life cycle events and how these are influenced by seasonal and inter-annual variations in climate, as well as habitat factors.
• Provide all needed instructions, forms, and assistance.
• Provide general periodic information sessions about the park and park service.
For information contact Alyse Cadez (education and volunteer specialist) at 843-7038, e-mail Alyse_cadez@nps.gov or Jannis LeBlanc (natural resource specialist) at 843-7048, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.