Lolo Pass Visitor Center would like to invite employees, friends and families up to the pass this weekend. We have several events that may be of interest:
• Mountain to Meadow Half-Marathon (13.2 miles) and 5K Fun Run on Saturday, June 28. This event is sponsored by Discover Your Northwest Interpretive Association and proceeds support operations and special projects at Lolo Pass (past proceeds have supported purchasing snowmobiles, a snowblower, interpretive signs and benches on the new Glade Creek trail). For more info and to register go to www.runlolopass.org. This is a great opportunity to put your PT to the test!
• The Mountain to Meadow Event will have a Wilderness 50th Anniversary theme with mile markers and aid stations representing different Wilderness Areas and sporting posters and fun facts created by local school kids.
• The Nine Mile Pack String will be in attendance Saturday, June 28, presenting packing demonstrations.
• The Subaru Leave No Trace Travelling Trainers will also be at the Pass Saturday, June 28, providing visitors with great information. The trainers will be at Warm Springs Trailhead Sunday, June 29.
• Glade Creek Accessible Trail Grand Opening (all summer). Take an easy one mile walk on our newest trail, enjoy the scenery, view Mount Fuji and the late blooming Camas, listen to the song birds and take a break at one of the interpretive stations (signs and benches). This trail was completed last fall with the support of Idaho Parks and Recreation, Discover Your Northwest, the Bitterroot NF, the Montana Conservation Corps and the Selway Bitterroot Foundation.
Contact Lolo Pass Visitor Center at 942-3113.