As of Wednesday, August 19, 2015
SYRINGA A level 2 evacuation notice in in effect for the Woodrat Fire.
The Idaho County Sheriff office is asking residents in and around the community of Syringa and the Smith Creek Road to be aware that erratic fire behavior is such that the need to evacuate may be necessary, as per Idaho County Sherriff Doug Giddings and Incident Commander, Greg Poncin.
The following evacuation guidelines are advised.
- Prepare now by packing necessary items and preparing family, pets and vehicle for departure.
- Now is the time to move persons with mobility and medical issues.
- Pack important papers and medications.
- Red Cross has set up a shelter at Kooskia Elementary School located at 306 Pine Avenue in Kooskia. Check in with them and let them know where you will be in case your family is looking for you.
- Use your common sense to evacuate at any time you feel uncomfortable.
- If you have livestock prepare to move them immediately.
The Suttler Creek Road remains under a Level 2 evacuation notice.