As of Tuesday, November 24, 2015
GRANGEVILLE Winter Magic tree lighting, sponsored by Grangeville Horizons Recreation Committee, is set for Pioneer Park Saturday, Nov. 28, 5 p.m.
The evening will consist of a variety of local talent providing musical entertainment.
Border Days Queen Maggie Chmelik and Princess Hailey Russell will be on hand to give out free cocoa and chili will also be available at no cost. Donations for these items will go to the Camas Prairie Food Bank.
Santa will end the evening when he appears on the Grangeville Volunteer Fire Department fire truck. He will be handing out candy canes and will be available for photo ops.
• Kamiah’s Community Tree Lighting will take place Friday, Dec. 4.
• Kooskia Chamber’s Kiddie Jingle Parade and Tree Lighting is set for Saturday, Dec. 5, downtown.
• Riggins Christmas Tree Lighting on Main Street at Two Rivers Coffee with hot coffee and hot chocolate will be Saturday, Dec. 5.
• Stites’ community tree-lighting ceremony and caroling will be held at Stites City Hall on Monday, Dec. 7, at 5 p.m. Following, refreshments will be served at the Stites Baptist Church, which is organizing the event.
• Cottonwood’s Lighted Christmas Parade will be held Sunday, Dec. 13, 5 p.m.
• White Bird’s Lighted Christmas Parade and Christmas Family Dance will be held Saturday, Dec. 19. Parade lineup is at 6 p.m., on the U.S. Highway 95 pull-off into White Bird.
The parade will start down the hill and enter White Bird at 7 p.m., go up the street to the new White Bird Area Recreation District (former elementary school) and return down through town.
Chili, cornbread and hot cocoa will be served at the park and a bonfire will be held with Santa visiting. Contact Carrie Marek to join the parade, 507-2120. After the parade (and new this year), a Christmas Family Dance will be held at the IOOF Hall. Music will be by Joaquin and Verna Lowe and Dave Dixon with Christmas skits and door prize drawings during band breaks will be offered. Contact Barbara Lowe, 839-2444, to perform a skit, song, etc. The event is sponsored by the White Bird Chamber and Community Friends.