News and information from our partners

Electrical issue causes Thursday structure fire at Twin Bridges home

Woman treated for minor smoke inhalation



— An electrical problem was cited as a factor in last week’s structure fire at the Twin Bridges Subdivision.

An estimated $5,000 to $10,000 in damage, primarily to the modular home’s electrical system, resulted from last Thursday’s March 31, fire, according to Chief Allan Yearsley, Salmon River Rural Fire Department (SRRFD). The owners, Larson and Elaine Anderson, were home at the time; Elaine was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

The fire was reported at 1:11 p.m. at 106 Bend Road, according to an Idaho County Sheriff’s Office report. The Andersons were in the process of remodeling the home, at that point working on the electrical system, and they had just turned the power back on when they saw sparks shoot everywhere, according to Yearsley. Flames were seen coming up through the floor ducting in the kitchen, and the Andersons called in the fire.

“Our first unit on the scene put the fire out fairly quick,” Yearsley said.

Overall, nine personnel and five vehicles responded to the fire and were on scene for approximately three hours, part of which was in mop-up efforts and also scene monitoring until an Idaho County Light and Power Cooperative crew could arrive to cut power to the residence.

Additional responding agencies included the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office and Syringa Ambulance.



Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

CLOSE X

Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)