Free Press Photo
A Clearwater Valley Elementary School student searches for his ornament at the annual Kooskia tree lighting ceremony in 1999.
Have a photo you would like to see published in this spot? E-mail your historic photo with details to: Freepressnews@idahocountyfreepress.com.
As of Tuesday, December 13, 2016
10 YEARS AGO
December 13, 2006
• Drew Cochran, a fifth grader at Prairie Middle School, was accepted into the People to People World Leadership Forum.
20 YEARS AGO
December 11, 1996
• Nearly 200 people have signed the petition which states a “voice of no confidence in” the Chief of Police and two officers of the Grangeville Police Department.
30 YEARS AGO
December 10, 1986
• A motion to request a Federal Grand Jury investigation of the Nez Perce National Forest, the Bureau of Land Management, and the Fish and Game Commission was passed at the Dec. 6 meeting of the Independent Miners Association in Grangeville.
40 YEARS AGO
December 8, 1976
• Sheryl Wasem, 18 was crowned Junior Miss of Grangeville for 1977.
50 YEARS AGO
December 8, 1966
• A federal grant of $48,000 to the Village of Riggins for construction of an interceptor pumping station and sewage treatment works was announced last week.
60 YEARS AGO
December 13, 1956
• The 27 homes to be built in Cottonwood the coming year will house only one-third of the personnel that will be living off the radar base.
70 YEARS AGO
December 12, 1946
• A beef cattle tour of range herds will be held on Salmon River Friday, Dec. 20.
80 YEARS AGO
December 10, 1936
• The Ladies of the Legion Auxiliary will sponsor a Community Christmas tree benefit dance in the Legion hall tomorrow night.
90 YEARS AGO
December 9, 1926
• Willis Mattox reports five feet of snow at the Mountain House and hard going, even with the team.
100 YEARS AGO
December 14, 1916
• The many friends of Deputy Sheriff Tim Quinlan and Miss Estella Edwards were treated to a little surprise this week when these young people quietly left for Lewiston where they secured a marriage license Monday. Tim has been suspected by his friends of having such intentions and is receiving congratulations on his selection of so worthy a young lady.