News and information from our partners

Region’s producers may be eligible for assistance to restore fence damaged by wildfires through emergency program

April 16 deadline to request FSA assistance

April 16 deadline to request FSA assistance

Contact the local FSA County Office and request assistance through April 16:

Idaho County FSA, 102 South Hall, Grangeville, 983-1050 ext. 2.

Lewis/Clearwater County FSA, 521 Oak Street, room 9, Nezperce, 937-2291, ext. 2.

Nez Perce County FSA, 1630 23rd Ave, Suite 1201, Lewiston, ID 83501, 746-9621, ext. 2.

Landowners in Idaho, Lewis, Clearwater and Nez Perce counties impacted by wildfires in 2015 may be eligible for assistance to restore damaged fence under the Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) administered by the Farm Service Agency.

The Idaho, Lewis/Clearwater and Nez Perce County Farm Service Agency offices have been approved for the ECP Restoring Permanent Fence. Impacted farms and ranches may be eligible for assistance if the damage:

• will be so costly to rehabilitate that federal assistance is or will be needed to return the land to productive agricultural use;

• is unusual and is not the type that would recur frequently in the same area;

• affect the productive capacity of the farmland; or

• will impair or endanger the land.

A producer qualifying for ECP assistance may receive cost-share levels not to exceed 75 percent of the eligible cost of restoration measures. No producer is eligible for more than $200,000 cost sharing per natural disaster occurrence.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment


Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)