As of Wednesday, November 9, 2016
By a slim margin, Idaho County voters chose to retain incumbent Idaho County Sheriff over challenger Carlos Martinez in Tuesday night’s Nov. 8 general election.
With 28 of 28 precincts reporting as of press time, Republican Giddings received 4,331 votes versus Independent Martinez’s 3,951.
Results are unofficial until canvassed by the Idaho County Commission at its next regular meeting, Monday, Nov. 14.
Unofficial county voter turnout was 83.10 percent with 8,517 ballots cast out of 10,249 total registered voters.
For comparison, in the 2012 presidential election, Idaho County had a 76.78 percent voter turnout (8,118 voted out of 10,573 total registered voters).
On local decision issues:
• Passed: The city local-option property tax in Riggins passed
157 yes to 57 no.
• Passed: Consolidation of Good Roads Highway District and Union Highway District passed 94 yes to nine against.
• Failed: A special $95,000 tax levy for the Kamiah Fire Protection District failed to pass 374 yes to 392 no.
Idaho County Breakdown
Results for Idaho County in the 2016 General Election are available on the Idaho County website: http://idahocounty.org/clerk-auditor/election-information/election-results/
How Idaho County voted in Dist. 7 races
• State Senate: Carl Crabtree, 6,664; Ken Meyers, 1,403.
• House 7A: Jessica Chilcott, 1,832; Priscilla Giddings, 6,171.