As of Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Stites and White Bird both approved their budget proposals recently, wrapping up fiscal year 2017 budget hearings in Idaho County.
The City of Stites approved its fiscal year 2017 budget proposal into ordinance at an Aug. 3 public hearing. The city appropriated $781,457 to defray expenses and liabilities between Oct. 1, 2016 and Sept. 30, 2017.
Funds were appropriated as follows: general fund, $46,335; street fund, $15,669; water fund, $534,655; sewer fund, $154,397; and sanitation, $30,401.
It also adopted resolution 08-08-2016 allowing the increase of water rates by $5.25 per customer per month. The increase will pay into the Sewer Capital Improvement Account for repayment of a water loan. It will remain in effect approximately seven years to satisfy a debt of $45,899.
White Bird approved Appropriation Ordinance No. 158 on Aug. 25. The FY17 budget is projected to be $1,187,020.66 between Oct. 1, 2016 and Sept. 30, 2017.
Expenditures were listed as follows: $62,406 for general fund; street fund, $4,068.66; sewer, $1,045,346; water, $58,200; and sanitation, $17,000.
General fund expenditures break down further to $60,006 for general and administration and $2,400 for fire department.
Property tax revenues include $14,000 from the general fund and $4,068.66 from the street fund.
Other revenue is listed as $44,337.34, general fund; $4,086.66, street fund; $58,200, water fund; $45,346, sewer fund; and $17,000, sanitation. There also is $200,000 expected from the sewer bond and $800,000 from the United States Department of Agriculture grant.
The budget is down 37.93 percent, or $725,511.34. The city plans to levy property tax at the 3 percent allowable by law.
Area budgets include:
- Cottonwood City Council approved its FY17 budget proposal in the amount of $1,906,738, including a foregone amount of $8,699, during a special meeting Aug. 29.
- Ferdinand City Council approved its FY17 budget proposal Sept. 6 in the amount of $85,493.
- Grangeville City Council approved its FY17 budget proposal Sept. 6 in the amount of $5,497,794.
- The Kooskia City Council adopted its FY17 budget at the Aug. 10 meeting in the amount of $861,820.
- Riggins City Council approved its FY17 budget in the amount of $4,857,033 on Aug. 10.
Budgets are open to public inspection prior to the meetings by contacting the respective city halls: 962-3231, Cottonwood; 962-5640, Ferdinand; 926-4684, Kooskia; 628-3394, Riggins; Stites, 926-7121; and 839-2294, White Bird.