Statewide ISAT results in English Language Arts (ELA)/Literacy and mathematics assessment percentages were made available last week. With the release of ISAT (Idaho Standardized Achievement Tests) results for the 2015-2016 school year, statewide increases were seen in all grades for both ELA and math.
Locally, Prairie Junior Senior High School came in above average in the literacy area with a score of 47.7 percent of its students in the proficient area, compared to the state’s average of 33.5, Grangeville High School’s 41.8, Clearwater Valley Junior Senior High School’s 40.4, Kamiah’s 40.8 and Salmon River’s 41.7. (See more local scores below).
“I am pleased that we are making overall gains in both [areas],” Superintendent Ybarra said. “Even though this is just a snapshot in the day of the lives of our students, and just one of the many indicators that we have to measure growth, it does reflect the hard work that is being done by educators across our great state to support students in their educational achievements.”
Superintendent Ybarra continued, “Seeing positive growth on the ISAT doesn’t mean that we’re finished—work to support schools and students to achieve never ends. That is shown in our continued efforts to grow the ELA and math coaching models, improving early success in reading and mathematics, and putting more resources into technology to better support student learning.”
State and local overall results for all grades include the following:
•Statewide (grades 3-12): ELA/Literacy: advanced-19.4 percent; proficient-33.5; basic-24.8; below basic-22.2; Math: a-17.3; p-24.4; b-30.5; bb-27.9; Science: a-30.5; p-30.6; b-22.5; bb-16.3.
•Cottonwood Joint School District 242:
- -Prairie Junior Senior High School (grades 7-12): ELA: p-47.7; b-26.7; Math: a-22.1; p-29.1; b-32.6; bb-16.3; Science: 1-32.8; p-29.5.
- -Prairie Elementary School (grades 3-6): ELA: a-12.1; p-32.8; b-34.5; bb-20.7; Math: a-19.8; p-31; b-27.6; bb-21.6; Science: p-37.
•Salmon River Joint School District 243:
- -Salmon River Junior Senior High School (grades 7-12): ELA: p-41.7; Math- b-50.
- -Riggins Elementary School (grades 3-6): ELA: p-35.7; Math: b-42.9.
•Mountain View School District 244:
- -Clearwater Valley Junior Senior High School (grades 7-12): ELA: a-10.3; p-40.4; b-34.6; bb-14.7; Math: b-36.8; bb-39.7; Science: a-32.7; p-28.8.
- -Clearwater Valley Elementary School (grades 3-6): ELA: a-16.3; p-29.1; b-29.1; bb-25.6; Math: a-12.8; p-40.7; b-27.9; bb-18.6; Science: b-48.3.
- -Elk City School: All information redacted.
- -Grangeville High School (grades 9-12): ELA: a-32.7; p-41.8; Math: p-29.1; b-36.4; Science: a-55.4; p-27.
- -Grangeville Elementary Middle School (grades 3-8): ELA: a-15.5; p-31.7; b-32.4; bb-20.4; Math: a-14.2; p-30.4; b-36.6; bb-18.8; Science: a-21.2; p-37.6; b-28.2; bb-12.9.
•Kamiah Joint School District 304:
- -Kamiah High School (grades 9-12): All information redacted.
- -Kamiah Middle School (grades 7-8): ELA: a-9.5; p-32; b-40.8; bb-17.7; Math: a-10.2; p-15; b-38.1; bb-36.7; Science: p-29; b-33.3.
- -Kamiah Elementary School (grades 3-6): ELA: 1-12.8; p-33.7; b-25.6; bb-27.9; Math: p-27.9; b-36.
Note: For any information not listed, the state website explains this as “some categories masked per state law or statistical irrelevance.” Those categories with too few students taking the test do not have results listed to protect the privacy of those students.
The entire report card in detailed grade-by-grade is available on the department website. Visit the state’s website at https://apps.sde.idaho.gov/reportcard.