As of Tuesday, June 13, 2017
This is in response to Teea Hillyard’s unresearched opinion [guest commentary, June 7 issue] that all kids should be vaccinated.
It has never been done before. The first-of-its-kind study of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated American homeschooled children shows who is really ailing … and parents should be worried. Thirty two million American children – a full 43 percent – suffer from at least one of 20 chronic illnesses, not including obesity.
A pilot study of 666 homeschooled children 6-12 years old from four American states published April 27 in the Journal of Translational Sciences compared 261 unvaccinated children with 405 partially or fully vaccinated children.
- Vaccinated children were more than three times as likely to be diagnosed on the autism spectrum or 4.3 times as homeschooled.
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever) 30 times, allergy medication 22 times, learning disabilities 5.2 times, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder 4.3 times;
- pneumonia 4.4 times, ear infection 4.0 times;
- surgery to insert ear drainage tubes 8.01 times;
- chronic illness 2.5 times more.
Unvaccinated children in the study were actually better protected against some “vaccine preventable diseases” than children who got the shots.
Autism is 4.3 times higher in vaccinated children.
A Harvard immunologist: Unvaccinated children pose zero risk to the public.