News and information from our partners

No injuries reported in Wednesday Elk City house fire

Electrical issue determined as cause

Contributed photo / Chris Fisher, ECVFD
Elk City Volunteer Fire Department crews responded to a house fire last Wednesday, March 15, at 336 Main Street. The fire was controlled within a half-hour, with structural damage to the residence’s attic and roof, and overall smoke and significant water damage.

Credit: Chris Fisher, ECVFD
Contributed photo / Chris Fisher, ECVFD Elk City Volunteer Fire Department crews responded to a house fire last Wednesday, March 15, at 336 Main Street. The fire was controlled within a half-hour, with structural damage to the residence’s attic and roof, and overall smoke and significant water damage.



— Firefighters made short work on an Elk City house fire last week, saving the two-story structure. No injuries were reported.

An electrical issue – old wiring – is the suspected cause of last Wednesday’s March 15 fire, according to Jon Menough, Elk City Volunteer Fire Department, that originated in the attic. The rental home, located at 336 Main Street, is salvageable, with some structural damage to the attic and roof, and overall smoke and significant water damage.

--

Details on this story in the March 22 issue of the Idaho County Free Press



Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

CLOSE X

Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)