Sponsored content: I have been hurt. What can I do?

My neck, back, shoulders, and hips feel like I was in an auto accident.


ICFP Media for Quality Life Health

Let's look at some options. Studies from prominent medical journals offer information.

In comparison to other treatments, "manual-thrust manipulation provides greater short-term reductions in self-reported disability and pain compared with usual medical care. 94% of the manual-thrust manipulation group achieved greater than 30% reduction in pain compared with 69% of usual medical care." Published in the journal “Spine.” (Chiropractic physicians provide these and other types of manipulation treatment.)

But what about those pains you've had for a long time? Another published study revealed: In comparison to other treatments, "acute and chronic chiropractic patients experienced better outcomes in pain, functional disability, and patient satisfaction; clinically important differences in pain and disability improvement were found for chronic patients.” (Journal of Manipulative and Physio-logical Therapeutics)

Another study compared the effectiveness of manual therapy, physical therapy, and continued care by a general practitioner in patients with nonspecific neck pain. The success rate at seven weeks was twice as high for the manual therapy group (68.3 percent) as for the continued care group (general practitioner). Manual therapy scored better than physical therapy on all outcome measures. Patients receiving manual therapy had fewer absences from work than patients receiving physical therapy or continued care, and manual therapy and physical therapy each resulted in statistically significant less analgesic use than continued care.” (Annals of Internal Medicine)

Dr Miller, Chiropractic Physician, might be able to help you, by combining Chiropractic and Physical Medicine.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment


Information from the Free-Press and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)