As of Thursday, January 25, 2018
FERDINAND Plant nutrition, fertility and cover crop issues are among the topics set for a soil health workshop set for Tuesday, Feb. 13, at Ferdinand.
The event is hosted by the Lewis Soil Conservation District, and both the Idaho and Clearwater soil and water conservation districts.
Features speakers and topics are as follows:
- Dr. Curt Livesay – plant nutrition and how nutrient are available in the soil and soil fertility
- Dan Kakey, producer in Soda Springs – crop performance in low pH soils
- Dr. Tarah Sullivan, assistant professor of soil microbioloty at Washington State University – impacts of acidity to microbial communities
- Terry Hoebelheinrich, Idaho Soil and Water Conservation Commission – RCRDP loans
- Joey Carter, Idaho State Department of Agriculture – worker protection standards
- Area producers – success and lessons learned from cover crops
The workshop will be held at the Assumption Parish Hall, 514, Maple Street, with registration at 8:30 a.m. and presentations beginning at 9 a.m. Cost is $10 for the workshop and lunch.
To RSVP: 208-937-2291, ext. 3; or 208-983-1046, ext. 3.