Agnes Mary Goeckner
unknown - unknown
Our beloved mother, Agnes Mary Goeckner, 91, passed away peacefully Sept. 26, 2014, surrounded by her family. Agnes was born May 16, 1923, to Joseph and Caroline-Luchtefeld Uptmor at the family home in Keuterville, Idaho. She was their fifth child and first daughter. Agnes received her education at Keuterville public schools. She married Gilbert Goeckner Nov. 12, 1941, at Holy Cross Church in Keuterville. After their marriage they moved to their newly acquired farm one-quarter mile west of Keuterville, living there until her death. She was a communicant of the Holy Cross Catholic Church and a member of the Keuterville Christian Mothers.
Agnes was a fabulous cook and baker. She canned hundreds of jars of fruits and vegetables every summer; much of this was grown from her own garden.
She enjoyed gardening, crocheting, reading and spending time with her children and grandchildren. She also enjoyed playing pinochle and Bible study with friends. Agnes was very dedicated to her faith, praying the rosary daily with her family.
Agnes leaves behind her daughters, Jan (Elbert) Davis, Marilyn (Gordon) Harman, Lois (Eric) Arnzen, Peggy (Pat) Madden, Sally (Randy) Schrader, Connie (Brian) Duvall, Tami (Kevin) Poxleitner; and son, Bob (Peggy) Goeckner; 29 grandchildren; 49 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-granddaughter; and one surviving brother, Edward (Teresa) Uptmor. She was preceded in death by her husband, Gilbert (1989); son, Tom (2011); her parents, Joseph and Caroline Uptmor; brothers, Leo, Victor (Yvonne), Alphons (Elnora); and her younger sister, Mildred (Richard) Sprute.
Agnes was a kind, loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, great-great-grandmother and will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
Rosary will be recited at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Cottonwood at 10 a.m. today, Wednesday, Oct. 1, followed by Mass. Burial is at the Keuterville Community Cemetery. Arrangements are by Uhlorn Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to St. Mary’s Parish or St. Gertrude’s Convent.