Local news sources need your help. As a subscriber you'll Stay in the know on coronavirus and all local news and help us continue our mission to keep the community informed.
- Candidates share need for more involvement in race for commission
- Steelhead tag reports inform mortality study
- USFS extends comment period to April 20 on draft revised land management plan
- Avista Foundation, USDA invest in Northern Idaho’s economic future
- Kooskia, Stites enter into new waste agreement, resolving 2018 civil suit
- Jan. 29 CBC information meeting on area USFS projects
Turnout was bigger among both racers and spectators on Saturday, but the crowd in town for Sunday's closing of the annual jet boat races boost…
GRANGEVILLE — The baseball bulldogs swept St. Maries in a pivotal Central Idaho League showdown Saturday afternoon, winning mainly on the stre…
KAMIAH — McCall dominated team scoring as 11 small-school track and field teams gathered at the Bob Squires Sports Complex Friday evening, April 17.
COTTONWOOD — Swing, batter, batter! Are you ready to slam back into action with some Prairie baseball and softball? We have a week full of action! Starting off, Monday, April 12 with high school softball at Grangeville. The following day, April 13, the girls played Nezperce at home, the high…
RIGGINS — Happy Birthday today, honoring my brother, Chuckie, 1948-2018; I miss him so much.
WHITE BIRD — The Canyon House will be closed this coming weekend, April 17-18, due to family memorial services being held. The memorial service for Evelyn Dewitt will be at 4 p.m. at the White Bird Cemetery. Following the service, everyone will go over to the old mill site on Deer Creek Road…
GRANGEVILLE — There’s no time for grass to grow under Tammy Barclay’s feet. When Tammy’s daughter, Kira, 25, lamented the fact she did not see a sharing cupboard she had once seen in front of a local business, Tammy didn’t even have to think before she gave her advice. “I told her, ‘Let’s do…
ELK CITY — Although mining and milling activity has picked up in the Elk City area the past few years, it’s been a while since some of the related community support aspects, realities associated with mining, are becoming recognized and addressed. Specifically, what needs to be put in place b…
CLEARWATER VALLEY — This week is 911 Dispatcher Appreciation week. These folks are unsung heroes in helping save lives and property by getting law enforcement, fire, ambulance and other services headed your way when you call. Thanks dispatchers!
As the 117th Congress is now in full swing, legislation is being reintroduced and work is under way on needed policy changes. Following is a brief overview of important legislation I am working with fellow senators to reintroduce this Congress.
Why do minor children have to repay portions of ‘stimulus’ money? I’ve received three checks from an already ‘debt-ridden’ public treasury this past year. I returned one check, but it was sent back. My name is on each check, but monies were sent to all in the household, including minor children.
Various corporate franchises are touting their plans for a vaccine passport. This passport will be awarded to the patrons who go along with whatever the medical elites recommend. Right now, they are recommending that all need to get the current experimental COVID vaccine. There will be no ex…
- ‘Equity is redistribution of resources, and that is socialism’ — Rep. Giddings; Columbus, critical race theory cause for teachers denied funding
- Tom Frei, 69
- Klapprich named queen for White Bird Rodeo; ‘It has been a family event my entire life’
- New owners take over former Hoot’s Café, add convenience store
- Salmon River Jet Boat Races coming up April 16-18
- Sidewalk install trigger raised to encourage projects
- Criminal Interdiction Emphasis Patrol resulted in five arrests
- Fab five to serve as 2021 Idaho County 4-H Ambassadors
- Trident tried to buy Brundage Mtn.
- Guest Opinion: Legislation for Idaho being reintroduced
News and information from our community partners