Winter Home & Harvest is a publication of The Idaho County Free Press featuring articles about taking care of winter plants, fall activities, recipes, crafts and more.
Many people have Christmas cacti – some passed down from previous generations – and many people have questions about how to take care of these…
Most Idaho lawns would benefit from a fall core-aeration.
Are you looking for some activities this fall and winter?
- By David Rauzi - Idaho County Free Press
Scary movies are good most anytime of the year, but they are best enjoyed during the mystique of the Halloween season.
As an English lit major, I've read more books than I can count. I’ve been out of college for 29 years now and I continue to read. Why should y…
Looking for ways to use that leftover holiday ham?
This is a newer recipe to me that I initially tried and then tweaked to my own likings. It’s a nice fall bread and way to use some of those go…
- St. Mary's Hospital and Clinics received COVID-19 case March 31
- St. Mary’s closes clinics
- Second Idaho County case confirmed
- ISP and the Adams County Sheriff's Office are seeking assistance locating William "Bill" Pearl James
- Two white-tailed deer shot and left to waste near American Bar on Salmon River east of Cottonwood
- Syringa has sent out 18 COVID-19 tests thus far
- Five newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in Nez Perce County
- Washington state choir suffers devastating losses to COVID-19
- Increased safety measures at St. Mary’s, Clearwater Valley hospitals, clinics
- MVSD donates toilet paper to food bank
- Idaho County Free Press COVID-19 information portal / situation report
- Governor processes final legislation; six bills rejected this year, no chance for veto override
- Little, AARP Idaho set statewide coronavirus briefings telephone town hall on April 7
- Cottonwood schools to continue distance education April 6
- St. Luke’s Clinic – Salmon River Family Medicine is open
- GEMS kids to start distance learning April 6
- Salmon River To offer ‘grab and go’ breakfast and lunch program
- AAA Offers Free Emergency Road Service to all Healthcare Workers and First Responders
News and information from our community partners