A new study shows Idaho ranks 16th for the most registered sex offenders per capita of any state.
According to a study by SafeHome.org, there are 285.1 sex offenders per 100,000 people in Idaho through 2019. The national average is 230.92 per 100,000.
Here are key findings in Idaho:
- No. 16 in registered sex offenders per 100,000 people, 285.1.
- No. 37 in number of registered sex offenders, 4,895.
- No. 25 in reported rapes per 100,000 people, 45.1.
- No. 49 in reported rate of child sex abuse victims per 100,000 children, 24.81. *not indicated on chart*
Here are key national findings:
- The 10 states with the highest rates of sex offenders are Oregon, Montana, Alaska, Delaware, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Michigan, Kansas and Arkansas.
- The 10 states with the lowest rates of sex offenders are New Jersey, Massachusetts, Washington, Arizona, Rhode Island, Maryland, Florida, Ohio, New Mexico and Washington, D.C.